Resolving grief often takes longer than people expect. Grief is nature's way of healing a broken heart. As you make a start toward healing and growth, keep the following thoughts in mind.
- Be patient with yourself. Heal in your own way and time—there is no one right way.
- Monitor your health. Eat well, exercise, and rest.
- Cry when you have to; laugh when you can.
- Share your pain with understanding friends. Talk about your loved one.
- For support, encouragement, and friendship, join a group of others who are grieving. Seek professional help if needed.
- Seek solace from your religious faith.
- Help others. Devote your energies to people and causes which you consider worthwhile.
- Determine to live again. Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.